Saturday, December 24, 2011

FEARLESS

*FEARLESS to fall for your best friend, even though he's in love with someone else.
**I think loving someone despite what people think is FEARLESS.

Where to begin... I am now officially dating my best friend. Well...my best guy friend. Garrett and I have been friends since early high school and he has been there for me threw so much. Up until a few months ago he was dating someone else and we were just friends. They had been together for almost three years and I didn't want anything to happen that would make me a home-wrecker...so naturally, never in a million years did I think that I would ever get the chance to call him mine. We were stuck in the friends zone, a place where neither of us wanted to be.

We hung out a couple of times during october and during this period of time he became single. Soon we were spending lots of time together and I found myself missing him when I wasn't with him. I wanted to be with him instead of out with friends.

He makes me feel alive and more loved than i've ever felt. His kisses make me melt. His smile is so amazing, just like him. He's the only guy I know that would be there for me as fast as possible if I need him, even if I didn't ask him to! The only guy I know that wont cheat on me, even if given the chance. I trust him. Which is something that i've never really been able to say about any other guy. He makes me smile and feel safe and when i'm with him I can't help but wish that time would stand still. He can drive me absolutely crazy sometimes but he always knows just what to say/do so that I can't even be upset with him. He makes me happier than i've been in a long time!!

Unfortunately, I am still moving to Daytona. I am going to miss him sooo much when i'm not with him but I feel like we can do this. I never would've tried to make a long distance relationship work with anyone else but I want so bad for it to work with him. The truth is I love him. I can't remember when I didn't love him. (You have no idea how good it feels to actually be able to tell people that!) Just thinking about him gives me butterflies. I don't know what the future holds for him and I but if he was the only guy I kissed from today until the day I die I would be the happiest girl ever.

I'm sure there are plenty of people that aren't happy about him and I being together. Some that feel that there is a better guy out there for me and some that feel that he should be back with his ex. However, we are together and happy and those that matter are happy for us! <3

For once I can truly say that I am FEARLESS!(:

1 comment:

  1. yaaaaaaaaaaay!!!! (: I'm so happy for you Dakota. You deserve a fairytale!!! <3

    ReplyDelete