Gluten-Free Diet
So a test was ordered to see if I have a gluten intolerance and...the results came back with elevated levels. Originally I'm suppose to go see a different doctor, who would most likely order more tests to see if it's Celiac Disease or Non-Celiac gluten intolerance. Well...I've decided that to save myself the trouble of going threw more tests and doctors appointments to find out which one it is I will just go ahead and go on the Gluten free diet, either ways that's where I will end up in the end since my levels were elevated.
Now I am learning how to spot ingredients that contain gluten. It is already a pain because it can be hidden in a lot of things but I think I am slowly getting the hang of it. There is a long list of things I can't have but there is also different ways of making some things so that they don't contain Gluten.
While talking to my mom about it the other day I learned that my Nana is working at fixing some of her recipes so that they are gluten free and I will have plenty of stuff to eat when we go home at Christmas time!(: This makes me feel sooo loved! I can't wait to go home and give her a big hug!

No comments:
Post a Comment