5 reasons why I hate being skinny
I recently bought a new pair of jeans online because they were having a really great sale. I got them in the mail and they were a little big (they are currently washing and drying to shrink). But it really annoyed me! I'm SO sick of being skinny and SO sick of trying* to gain weight. Here are 5 of the MANY reasons that I hate being so skinny.
1) I don't care what kind of food you make you're not going to fatten me up. Seriously...My senior year of high school I was put on weight gaining medicine because I only weighed 79Ibs. I had to take this medicine 30 minutes before every meal. I only gained 6Ibs in MORE THAN 6 months. I ate all the time. I carried a bag full of snacks because I was eating almost constantly! And yet I still only gained 6Ibs. So no you can't fatten me up.
2) Hearing my name connected with the words "anorexic" and "diet" and "not eating." Just because I only weigh 83Ibs doesn't not mean I have an eating disorder. People say all the time how wrong it is to judge bigger people and say they are just lazy because you never know when it's truly not their fault, due to healthy issues, etc. Well it works the same way with skinny people. Just because I'm not hungry 24/7 or I can't eat a cow during dinner doesn't mean that I'm sick. It just means that I will likely be hungry again in 20-30 minutes.
2) Hearing my name connected with the words "anorexic" and "diet" and "not eating." Just because I only weigh 83Ibs doesn't not mean I have an eating disorder. People say all the time how wrong it is to judge bigger people and say they are just lazy because you never know when it's truly not their fault, due to healthy issues, etc. Well it works the same way with skinny people. Just because I'm not hungry 24/7 or I can't eat a cow during dinner doesn't mean that I'm sick. It just means that I will likely be hungry again in 20-30 minutes.
3) Finding bottoms that fit nice. Most people wouldn't think this would be a problem..but it is! Shorts are way to short (almost minds well not being wearing them) and jeans are usually to big in one or more areas. There are very few stores that even carry my size since I am a 00, and no I can not shop in the kids section..they don't have jeans that fit either. My size in the in-between...you know in-between kids and juniors. This means that when I find my size they are usually at least $30 and found at American eagle, Aeropostale, and Pacsun. **Not even Hollister carries below a 0.
4) People finding necessary to pick me up. I don't care if I'm small enough that you can pick me up I HATE IT! You don't need to pick me up to give me a hug. You don't need to pick me up to see if you can. And you DON'T need to pick me up to move me out of your way. You wouldn't try any of that with anyone else so don't do it to me. No it's not because I'm afraid of heights, in fact I love riding roller coasters, I just don't like being picked up. So people don't like hugs and some don't like their hair being touched..we are all allowed to have dislikes. People should learn to respect it!
5) Being cold easily. It may be 65 degrees outside and I may live in Florida...however, I am probably in a sweater and still shivering! I have to carry a sweater with me almost everywhere I can just in case I get cold. I don't care if most of the people in the state are down at the beach swimming, I'm freezing my butt off!
This may seem like just another rant. A list of complaints. In many ways that's what it is. Honestly, I am happy with my body most of the time. Everyone should feel beautiful no matter how they look; fat or skinny, tall or short, boobs or no boobs, etc. If you really don't like something about yourself then aim to change it. But if nothing you try works then maybe your body is just like that. Maybe that's the way you were meant to be! Embrace it!(:
This may seem like just another rant. A list of complaints. In many ways that's what it is. Honestly, I am happy with my body most of the time. Everyone should feel beautiful no matter how they look; fat or skinny, tall or short, boobs or no boobs, etc. If you really don't like something about yourself then aim to change it. But if nothing you try works then maybe your body is just like that. Maybe that's the way you were meant to be! Embrace it!(:
I love you. Just the way you are :) To me you are perfect, even though I would love to give you some of my boobs, and some of my tummy. Have a kid, maybe that will help you gain weight? lol! I'M JUST KIDDING DONT YOU DO IT! Not for a while anyway. But I really can't wait until I get to babysit a baby Kota :D
ReplyDeleteWait..... maybe that's not such a good thing... JUST KIDDING! lol! I was looking for your blog the other day, I could never figure out how to follow one, and I just did a minute ago. I finally found it, since you commented on mine, I was like oh! There it is! lol! Nice to finally have you back. Love you bunches darling!